Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Day 9

This morning, when the alarm clock started beeping, the first number on it was a 4. As in 4:40. Bleh. It was so dark outside, and it was so cozy in the bed... but I got up, made my oatmeal, packed up, and headed to 6am yoga. At the time, I would have loved to dive back in between the flannel sheets, but right now, I'm so glad I went to class. I go to hot yoga, and I always leave super sweaty and feeling awesome. Every time I go, I think, "I forgot how great this feels," even if it's only been a couple of days. If you've never been to a hot yoga class, let me tell you, it is a workout. Gentle stretching and deep breathing while soft music plays in the background? Nuh-uh.

Today I'm thankful for:
  • My husband playing basketball in the morning while I sweat it out in the yoga studio... I'm so glad he has people to play with. He's recently started playing at our church, which is great. Selfishly, I hope this will help us meet more people there.
  • A sudden, unexpected onslaught of cool people in my life.
  • The holidays approaching (is it too early to put up a tree?)
  • Free-range turkeys... I just ordered ours!
  • Good books
  • Hot tea
  • Secret plans
  • Giggling on the phone with BFFs
  • Knitting! Tonight we're meeting at a coffee shop across the street from Trader Joe's. Which brings me to my next point...
  • Trader Joe's, and the chance to go there tonight!

No comments: