Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Day 3

Today I am thankful for my fabulous knitting group. We've been meeting for at least six years; we started off meeting in the upstairs area of a little restaurant called Lazy Jane's, and since then we've met in various coffee shops and yarn stores around town. Now we mainly meet at one another's homes. Last night I hosted. When I say "hosted," I mean, "checked to make sure there were no dirty underwear hanging around and threw together a pot of chili." That's the kind of friends these are-- the ones who can see my dust bunnies and dirty dishes and I don't care. Six-plus years of knitting (and laughing, crying, sympathizing, and celebrating) together can transform a random group of girls into a (brace yourself) close-knit community. Love you, knitters!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I missed it. The squeaker and I love you guys too :)
Kate

Cassie said...

love those kind of friends! Wish I could be in your knitting group...think WA is too far to come from?? ;0

ErinM said...

I'm also sorry I missed it. :(

Back atcha babe! Love from St Louis!