Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Day 4

Today I'm thankful for good things happening in the world. Like this auction, being held to raise money for my friend Bridget, who is kicking cancer. Bidding doesn't start till later this month, but take a sneak peek! I don't have a lot of money, but I am thankful to be able to help anyway, by donating items for the auction. So far I've come up with these two vintage book posters:


This one is from Willaby by Rachel Isadora (1977). Wouldn't it be perfect for a little girl's room?



And this one is from The Way to Start a Day by Byrd Baylor and Peter Parnall (1978). My favorite book by this author/illustrator duo is The Table Where Rich People Sit. But all of their books are great. I bet your library has some of them!
Oh, and one other thing: I'm thankful for books and libraries and sleeping an extra 15 minutes this morning.

No comments: