Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Day 16

Today I am really thankful for the sweet potato burritos I made last month and put in the freezer. It's just nice to have a hot lunch some days, you know?

I'm also thankful that my wonderful mother had the foresight to buy Door County cherries and freeze them so we can make cherry jam this weekend! It's really delicious if you put a little amaretto in, so it's cherry-almond flavored. We might try out my new boiling water canner.

Besides freezers and frozen items, I'm also thankful for a friend who gave me a great idea yesterday. I've been worried about my 'tween knitting group at the library; I have 14 kids who come, and another 14 on a waiting list. In January, I'm starting up a new knitting session, and I'm opening it up to the kids on the waiting list first. Which means the kids who are currently in my knitting group will be high and dry. So my friend suggested that I post something at the UW library school to see if any librarians-in-training would want to run a knitting group with the kids who already know how. It would be a great volunteer opportunity, plus we could accommodate all of our knitters. Perfect! Why didn't I think of that? So I sent an email off right away... we'll see what happens!

No comments: