Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Day 17

One day last week, I went swimming and there was a water exercise class going on at the same time as my lap swim. The class was made up of mainly older women, and as they exercised, they were singing all of these great old-timey songs. The one that sticks in my mind is Bicycle Built for Two. Just imagine a group of 25 grandmotherly ladies in bathing suits and aqua-sox, treading water with foam noodles, singing that song. It was adorable. I'm thankful for those ladies and their voices that have made me smile and smile and smile every time I've thought of them for the past week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kind of wish I could be in this class. I love water aerobics and I love oldies. This story made me smile too!
-tk

Laura said...

Love the new look! And I wish I could be in class with those ladies - it sounds like they know how to have a good time :).