Monday, November 28, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Day 28

Today I'm thankful for the fantastic thrift stores in our area. I love shopping at thrift stores because of the prices, the environmental impact, and the fact that the money I spend goes to an organization doing lots of great things in the community. I also love the idea that any item I purchase has a secret past that I'll never know about. So mysterious and fun! But even more fun when this sign is posted on the door:

That's right, twenty percent off at my hometown St. Vincent de Paul store on Black Friday. My mom and I found a few treasures, including wrapping paper that I've already put to use. Whoever thought of thrift stores was a total genius.

1 comment:

Laura said...

This may be my favorite thankfulness post yet. You can never go wrong at St. Vinney's and 20% off makes it all that much better.