Sunday, November 1, 2009

Three pumpkins


Karl is so cute. We were going to dress up for Halloween as a UPS driver and a box. Actually, I was pretty excited to be the box because I thought it was kind of slimming. Seriously! But at the last minute, as I was making butternut squash soup and opening packages of Hershey bars, Karl announced that he was going to be a pumpkin. So... off he went to the fabric store. He came back with yellow and green felt and green pipe cleaners. Using those supplies plus a lot of double-stick tape, and a fleece that is my mom's (and used to be my brothers's), he came up with an adorable pumpkin costume, complete with a green hat with a stem and leaves. He doesn't have it on in the picture, but he had a mouth that closely resembled the one on the jack-o-lantern on the right. He carved that one, and I carved the other one. We put them out on the front step to attract trick-or-treaters... and we got three. Actually, we got one, because two of them were collecting canned goods for the food pantry. Can you believe that? One trick-or-treater! One Hershey bar gone... 59 left. S'mores, anyone?

No comments: