Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thirty Days of Thankfulness, 11/28

Wait a second here! It's already the 28th day of Thirty Days of Thankfulness, and I don't even feel like I've scratched the surface. But today is a big one... I'm so so so thankful for my health, and for awesome friends.

Right now, my friend Bridget, a children's librarian and young adult author, is battling advanced colon cancer. Bridget and I went to library school together and had all kinds of fun, and now she lives in Portland with her husband. An online auction has been set up to help with Bridget's medical expenses, so you can snag some unique holiday gifts while supporting a great cause. Check it out at http://www.32auctions.com/view_auction?id=bridget&pwd=rules, or or just go to www.32auctions.com and use the Auction ID: bridget and Password: rules (as in: Bridget rules!!) to view the auction. Because a lot of the people who donated to the auction are librarians and authors, lots of the items for sale are children's literature-related. Happy bidding!

No comments: