Friday, November 6, 2009

Thirty Days of Thankfulness 5.0

I am so thankful today for a luxurious, energizing day off yesterday. It was so nice. I stayed in my pajamas, finished reading a book, and did a lot of relaxing.

I'm also thankful today for storytimes at work. And for people with awesome ideas who don't mind if you copy them. For example, my friend Marge shared her idea for a storytime sleepover. We did it at the library, and it was so much fun. Kids came on a Friday at 5:00 for a special storytime. They wore their pajamas and brought a soft friend. All of the books and songs were about bedtime and sleeping. At the end of storytime, we tucked all of the animals in...


(Thank you, Blogger, for once again deciding that a photo needs to be vertical when I want it to be horizontal-- oh wait, was that a sarcastic "thank you"? I don't know if that is allowed in the 30 Days project).

And the kids went home, leaving their animals to sleep over at the library. When they came to pick the animals up on Saturday morning, each child got two mini-muffins (one to share with their stuffed animal, of course!) and a few photos, showing what the animals did during the night. Turns out they got into quite a lot of mischeif!

They rode around on a book cart...




They colored...


They even did the Bean Bag Rock!


Hee hee hee! So much fun!

3 comments:

the Provident Woman said...

The vertical nap time photo is still wonderful. Even if it didn't load the way you wanted.

Kate said...

I wish I could have had a sleepover at my library. Coolest thing ever. I would have had my cabbage patch kid (Kathryn) and my favorite Care Bear (Bedtime Bear). Hurray for the 80's!

Laura said...

I totally love this idea. I am sure the kids ate it right up, too.