Friday, November 20, 2009

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: The Big Two-Oh

Today I am thankful for:
  • My bus buddies. I see the same people on the bus every morning and every afternoon. We don't chat or anything, aside from the ocassional " 'Mornin.' " But I like seeing them anyway.
  • The awesome woman we contract with at the library who does bilingual storytimes on Fridays. She is amazing. And I can only imagine the disaster that would happen if I tried to do a bilingual anything.
  • Thanksgiving next week!
  • A two-day work week coming up. Karl and I have a Christmas shopping date with his grandma on Wednesday. I hope the stores are ready for us! We're planning on taking care of her Christmas gift list, then going out for lunch, and then setting up Santa's Worshop at her house, where we'll wrap all the gifts. PS, she's in her 90's. And she still lives alone in her own house. She's going to get her first great-grandchild this December (due the 23rd!).
  • My sweet, hard-working husband being almost done with his nursing clinical for this semester! Way to go, Karl!

2 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Ahh, so sweet! I miss those Christmases with my great-grandmother. But it sounds like the shopping trip will be a blast! Oh, and my mom finished her nursing clinicals about four years ago. I remember how taxing they were on her.

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I have so enjoyed getting to know other readers!

Shannon Anderson said...

I love bus buddies too! Sadly, mine are a bunch of whiny teenagers getting off at Lafollette.