Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Meep, Meep!


I heard this hysterical story on All Things Considered this weekend. It's about a high school where the principal banned the word "meep." Which is kind of funny, since "meep" isn't even a word. Well, unless you're one of these guys:

Today I am thankful for:

  • Public Radio
  • The fact that I don't work in a school anymore. I'm not saying schools are bad; I'm just saying I'm glad I don't work in one anymore.
  • New lights in our living room! We didn't have any overhead lighting in there before- just a lamp. Now we have two lights, and it is so awesome.

2 comments:

Case said...

Why did he ban the word?

I have banned two in our house recently (well actually three. the first two are the phrase "hold on" - drives me crazy. The third is "sorry". Macie is CONSTANTLY apologizing - for everything. Such a bad habit. I can't stand it when people appologize for things that don't need an apology. Its like a nervous tick. NO APOLOGIZING until further notice!!!

Cassie said...

MEEP!! I love it!!