Monday, March 15, 2010

To Be Completely Honest

1. On Mondays, I work from 12:30-9pm. I went for a little walk today around 4:00. It was so sunny and nice out, and I wasn't exactly relishing the thought of five more hours of work. So when I saw the #74 bus driving by, it was really really hard not to get on and let the bus driver take me home.

2. I would like to work part time. I love my job, and I am really lucky to have it. But there are so many other things I like to do, and it's impossible to cram everything in. If I worked four days a week, I would have a whole extra day for knitting, reading, around-the-housing, banjo plucking, letter writing, sewing, thrifting, organizing (yes that is one of my favorite hobbies, not a chore--I'm a librarian after all), bike riding, yoga-ing, coffee with friends-ing, and all of the other things that make me happy.

3. If it really came down to it, I wouldn't be opposed to just working three days a week.

4. Or two, actually. But that's where I draw the line-- a girl's got to bring home some bacon, right?

1 comment:

Case said...

Whos getting those letters?