Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Signs of Spring





This post could also be called "My Husband is Really Awesome." Our kitchen sink has always been a dripper. The other day, I was getting ready for work. Karl had worked overnight and was heading straight to class. I was doing dishes in the kitchen, and when I turned the water off, I turned the knob extra hard to try to minimize the dripping... so hard that I actually turned it all the way around, and then the water wouldn't stop running. So I called Karl and he told me how to turn off the water at the pipe. That afternoon, we bought a new faucet, and Karl had it installed and working perfectly the next day. He's amazing! That is our new sink under the window in the second picture. No drips!
P.S. The dripping sink always reminded me of the song "Southern California Wants to Be Western New York" by Dar Williams. If I knew how to put a link to a video or an audio clip here, I would. But since I'm not exactly a techno-star, you'll have to look it up yourself. Oh wait, I might have figured it out...

3 comments:

Anne said...

Yay for new faucets! By dripping, do you mean that the water came out of the faucet somewhere other than where it was supposed to and ran all over your kitchen counter? If so, I have that faucet, too.

Case said...

I have flowers in that EXACT same red pitcher on my dining room table as we speak!!!! I knew we were meant to be :)

swell.life said...

my oh my what beautiful tulips.

btw, congrats, you are the felt flower pin winner!! drop me a line with your address and kelly will drop it in the mail! :)