Monday, March 22, 2010

A Special Baby Present

This weekend, I started assembling a baby present for my friend Jessica. I don't think she reads my blog, so I'm not ruining any surprises. But if she does, well, SURPRISE!




In the bag are a Sandra Boynton board book, an elephant I knit, and a pair of Babylegs... they tell me those are the best! I'm also working on a baby sweater, but it's not ready for the camera yet. Actually, I'm thinking about ripping the whole thing out and starting over with a new pattern. Good thing babies are small, so their sweaters don't take too long to knit! I'm using luscious hand-dyed washable wool in variegated bright pink and yellow, and I don't want to waste it on a so-so pattern.




I also have a hip-hop picture book to add, because Jessica and I once took a hip-hop class together. She was the best in the class, and I was... well, I was the opposite of the best.




I came across this sweet board book not long ago, and I knew she needed it for her soon-to-be-born daughter. It's going in the bag!






Seriously. Does it get any cuter? Jessica once gave CPR to her kids' hamster after it fell in the fish tank in the middle of the night. She's pet-oriented. I know she'll love this book.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Amanda- you are so wonderful! Gerald came home last night while I was wearing the arm warmers (yes, I know, they were for the BABY, too bad) and I showed him the little elephant. His comment: "Geez, is there anything that Miss Moss can't do?" (Sorry, Karl. She'll always be Miss Moss at our house) Also- wondering if we could somehow incorporate the coyotes in our plan to end driver's ed. on your street. Just an idea.