Sunday, January 6, 2013

One Thousand Things

 
A friend and I are each attempting to get rid of 1,000 items during 2013.  In an ambitious start, I have already identified 26 things that can go.  Just 974 more!  Honestly, I don't think it's going to be that hard. 
 
I won't bore you with all 1,000 things, but here are two little gems that have landed in the good-bye pile:
 

A student made this folded paper box for me when I taught in a small village in Alaska.  As if the hearts and magic-marker ribbon weren't enough, the inscription reads:
 
To: My special teacher Amanda
 
From: Your best student Andrea
 
She gave it to me with the little stitched smiling heart inside in 2002.  Darling?  Yes.  Worth hauling around for another 10 years?  Nope. 
 


1 comment:

Laura said...

That's really precious. And this post is a terrific way to remember it but not have it clutter up your house! Here's to 974 more things. Good job; you can do it!!!