Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Member of the Household

I'd like to introduce our new bedside table, purchased at an antiques store last weekend.  The moment I saw it, I just knew it was meant to be.  And that notion was confirmed when I opened the top drawer and found a big zip-loc bag of antique wooden spools that came with the table.  ♥  We've been looking for a new bedside table for a long time, and we really don't need a lot of storage space.  Which is why this secret special feature is perfect for us:



It holds spools of thread!  Or finger puppets, if you're me.  Or cooked strands of spaghetti noodles, woven in between the pegs, if you're Karl.  Just kidding, I'm never letting him do that.  Also I'm never letting him stick one cooked elbow macaroni noodle onto each peg.  Kind of a shame, though, because they are the exact perfect size for elbows.  Or penne. 

2 comments: