Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's Here!!!

I didn't know this was going to happen, but a box was delivered to our house today. It had 5 copies of the book in it! I was so excited to finally see a copy, up close and personal. Yay, yay, yay!



My favorite was seeing Karl read the dedication for the first time. It's dedicated to "my project-oriented husband, Karl, and his inspiration, Bob Vila (the original do-it-yourselfer)."

You might know that our first date was to a Cuban theme party. During our we-haven't-met-yet-but-we're-going-on-a-date-next-week emails, we talked about costumes for the party. This, of course, required some research about famous people with Cuban connections. Turns out Bob Vila is Cuban American! And when I told Karl that, he emailed back, "Oh good! Now I can idolize Bob even more." Tee hee hee hee hee hee hee. What a keeper.

5 comments:

nichole said...

Aieee! I love it!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the book! very exciting!
-t koch

Jessica said...

yeay! where can i buy one thousand copies?

Case said...

So exciting!!! Congrats again.

Laura said...

It looks totally awesome. And I'm glad Karl was honored to be dedicated to. He should be!