Friday, January 27, 2012

Don't Mess With Texas

Last weekend, I went to a conference in Dallas. I could tell you about all of the new books and authors and literary stuff, but let's skip that and talk about the best part of the trip: touring Cowboys Stadium. You may know that I adore the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, thanks in large part to the CMT reality show Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.
Karl knows how much I love the cheerleaders, and he left several darling secret notes in my luggage, wishing me luck at my audition.
We got to go in the cheerleaders' locker room! Definitely the highlight of the tour. Other people on the tour were interested in the football team, players, the stadium, etc. Bo-ring. I just wanted to see cheerleader stuff.
Here I am with my new uniform:
You're not supposed to touch the pom-poms, but the tour guide let me! It's possible that she just wanted to get me out of the locker room. Whatever. It was still awesome.

4 comments:

Case said...

OMG!

I love you

nichole said...

Yeah! That is so cool!

Andrea D. said...

Great pic with the poms!

Laura said...

This IS my #1 favorite blog post of yours. Ever. What a dream come true. you're going to look great in that uniform. and this post came at the right time, because earlier today I was wondering what you were up to. I've missed your posts!