Friday, January 21, 2011

Homeroom Angel

In high school, I took a ceramics class, and the teacher always played the radio while we worked. One day, Centerfold by the J. Geils Band came on. A girl in my class, Kari, immediately ran to the door, closed it, ran to the radio, turned it up full blast, shimmied, and screamed, "Now this is what you call GOOD MUSIC!"





Last night, I went to the first meeting of a community ed. ceramics class. After the introduction and instructions, we went to the wheels and the teacher turned on the radio... and the first song to come on was Centerfold. Seriously, after years of telling the story about Kari, what are the chances? I will be tracking down her phone number so next time I hear that song, I can call her and say, "Kari? This is Amanda from your high school art class. And this is what you call GOOD MUSIC!" I bet she'll shimmy on the other end of the phone line.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my gosh. You are meant to be in that class. I must not know GOOD MUSIC, as I've never heard of that song or those people.

Andera Dryer said...

OMG, you gotta tell me...Kari F or Kari R???

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses said...

My angel is a centerfold...! I remember that song! :)