Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesdays Rule

Tuesdays are my favorite day at work.

I start out with two storytimes, then have some time do work in my office, and I cap things off with my 'tween knitting group.

Toddler storytime is the best way ever to start the day. The kids are so thrilled to be there... love it. I get a lot of Hi, Miss Amanda-s and Where's the meteorologist?-s. The meteorologist is my Muppet Whatnot. He comes to every storytime and talks about the weather and other things. Today he was silly and wore a gold wig (it was his Halloween costume).

And 'tween knitting, while sometimes wild, is very very fun. The best part is the beginning, because everyone is so excited to see each other and show off what they've been working on during the week. I've got 14 knitters (I had to cap the class), ages 8-12, and they really are amazing. Scarves, hats, dishcloths... one girl made a pumpkin a couple of weeks ago. No pattern; she just made a pumpkin. And someone is making a hat with a friend's name knitted into it, in a different color. I'm psyched to have a little show at the end of our ten weeks.

Okay... gotta go do some of that office work I mentioned. I hope you're having a happy Tuesday, too!

2 comments:

Andi Mae said...

That does sound like the perfect workday! Wish so bad that my little ones had YOU as their librarian!! And knitting group- oh, those kids have the best teacher ever! :)

P.S. Keep your eyes open for a little something coming in the mail later this week...
xo

Case said...

Dear ACER,

please come visit and teach Macie to knit.

Thank you,