I adore three-day weekends, and this past weekend was no exception. A few highlights:
- Organizing our Tupperware drawers. Is it weird that I love this? I could organize Tupperware all day every day and be happy as a clam. My mom could have told you this when I was about three days old, and it's still true. Plus our Tupperware area is now completely revolutionized.
- Making Ginger-Pear Preserves with pears from Kate... it turned out delicious and lovely. If you try the recipe, I recommend immersion-blending it right before putting it into jars.
- Canning salsa with tomatoes from my mother-in-law's garden. Our pantry has never been so full of home-canned goodies! So far we've got pickles, salsa, diced tomatoes, and at least four kinds of jam.
- A nap! I love naps. So luxurious.
- Going on a nice long bike ride with Kate, Jeremy, and Jr. We rode from Belleville to New Glarus on two state trails. We had perfect biking weather-- sunny and cool.
- Several picnics and walks with my sweetie
- Working on my knitting project, a red hooded baby cardigan. Would you like to see it? I'm not finished... it's still sleeveless and the hood is just one big rectangle, but here you go...
I hope you had a lovely weekend and are enjoying the short work week!