Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Big Three

Karl and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary this week! It was on Tuesday night, and since he had to study and I had banjo class, we snuck in a special early dinner. We had figs, stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped with prosciutto, as an appetizer (sounds fancy, but they were really very easy-- the perfect appetizer to make ahead). Then we had salad, roasted potatoes, and a yummy rolled beef dish in the slow cooker. The beef recipe called for kitchen twine... I just used cotton yarn. No one's been sick yet, so I guess it was okay. I've always been terrible at photographing food, so I'll spare you most of the images and just share these:




It was still light outside when we had dinner, but I wanted candlelight anyway!





There it is... thin beef, wrapped around parmesan and parsley, rolled up and tied with kitchen twine.... er, cotton yarn from my knitting basket. Trust me, it looked good in person.



I ordered a mini version of our wedding cake from our favorite bakery. This also looked good in real life... geez, these photos are terrible. Just picture the best meal you've ever seen, okay?




I can't believe it's been three whole years since our magical day. I'm so lucky to have the best husband ever. Apologies to all of you other girls out there.


1 comment:

Laura said...

I love this post! And you sound just like me talking about dads, telling all of the other people it's really too bad for them I got the best one, ever. Looks like a special meal!