Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Scenes from a Snow Day

On Sunday morning, we woke up to this on the front lawn:



and this in the back yard:



I grabbed my skis and took a spin around the neighborhood before the plows got here.



Then I cleaned up my latest vintage find... a set of six matching little Santa mugs. I love them. And they were 25 cents apiece. Love.



We fired up the Kitchen-Aid and made four different kinds of cookies... which are now on their way to Karl's grandmothers' houses.



Between batches, we napped and read and watched Christmas movies.


It was so nice to just have time at home to be cozy. I loved every second of it. In the evening, we wrapped presents and thought about getting started on Christmas cards... but that didn't happen. Maybe next weekend.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love that you thought to go skiing. That never even remotely crossed my mind. You amaze me. Also - Lisa and I are fans of the santa mugs.