Monday, December 20, 2010

Pomp and Circumstance

What do you call a toilet paper tube after commencement? A graduated cylinder!


My little sister, Hanna, graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee over the weekend. My mom and I drove in from Madison, and my brother came all the way from Washington DC to be there. We were all very, very proud.

For graduation, my mom gave Hanna a really nice slow cooker. I gave her my favorite slow cooker cookbook (by the way, there's a sequel coming out next week!!!). It was originally going to be her Christmas present, so it was already wrapped up all Christmassy. In an attempt to make it look more graduation-appropriate, I gave Santa his own little graduation cap. Don't worry, Hanna, there's another surprise for you under the tree.

No comments: