Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Stick Shifts and Safety Belts

Last night, I gave a co-worker a ride home. We don't know each other very well, and it was really nice to chat with her. She told me about a restaurant/music venue/bar that she likes called Cafe Carpe. It's in Fort Atkinson, the town where my husband works. I told my co-worker this story about Cafe Carpe:

When Karl and I got married, we had a wonderful wedding. Except for one teensy detail: the musician played the wrong song while I was walking down the aisle. I have always wanted to walk down the aisle to Roseville Fair by Bill Staines. When we met with our musician before the wedding, I gave him a CD with several versions of the song on it. So why, when I was walking down the aisle, he was playing a different song, I do not know. I do know that I don't want to talk about it.

The Thursday after our wedding, Karl lured me out to Fort Atkinson for dinner at Cafe Carpe. What I didn't know was that Bill Staines himself was playing there that night, and Karl had emailed him in advance and asked him to play Roseville Fair for me! What an awesome husband! It was so sweet.

3 comments:

Case said...

I seriously thought that you weren't going to come down the aisle. You must have waited five minutes for him to finish the song-wasn't it "Somewhere over the rainbow"? Dumb guitair player.

Amanda said...

It was definitely not Somewhere Over the Rainbow. But that would have been the icing on the cake!

Laura said...

I don't remember the wrong song at all!! I love that Karl surprised you recently. What a nice guy.