Monday, August 17, 2009

Is That a House or a Box Museum?

I am so so so thankful that our house is finally starting to look like a house! Moving is quite a process! We're digging ourselves out of boxes, bags, and suitcases. Hopefully soon we'll know where everything is-- or at least the important things (like toothbrushes and shoes). This is what our living room looked like on Saturday:



This is what our living room looked like when I left for work today:




We're couch shopping currently, but we haven't found anything that we really like, so for now we're sticking with that cheapy microsuede loveseat that I got from Target.com three years ago. Karl had to fix it once when he had some friends over to watch basketball, and two of them sat on it at the same time. Are you there, God? It's me, Amanda. Please let a new couch be in our near future.

One thing I love about moving is going through every item we own. It's a good chance to get rid of things we don't need. Yesterday, I identified ten canvas tote bags we can get rid of. Ten! That is a ridiculous number of extra tote bags to have lying around. I also will be getting rid of two Pyrex 9 x 13 pans. If you need a tote bag (or ten), or a brownie pan, let me know.


p.s. I take full responsibility for the tote bags. None of them were Karl's. Just clarifying.

No comments: