Thursday, December 20, 2012

New Favorite Christmas Cookies

I thought I had all of the Christmas cookie recipes I would ever need.  My standards include Raspberry Candycane Twists, Chocolate Almond Parson's Hats, and those really easy and cute round pretzels with melted Hershey's kisses and M&Ms.  That's enough, right?  I thought so... until the lovely Jessica posted this recipe.  I have now made it three times, and many of the delighted recipients have asked for the recipe.  Move over, parson's hats! 
 
Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. butter at room temperature
2 Tablespoons water
2 eggs
12 oz. chocolate chips
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3 packages Andes mints
  • Cream sugar & butter.  Add water & eggs.  Melt chocolate chips and add to creamed mixture. Add dry ingredients.
  • Roll into 1" balls. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. After baking, immediately top each cookie with a mint. Allow to melt, then spread like frosting.
  • Then for the most difficult step:  Allow the candy layer to harden and cool completely before enjoying.  Tough, but worth it! 

No comments: