Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Day 4

In China, we had the chance to visit the Great Wall.  It was amazing!  First of all, it's gigantic (obviously), and it goes up and down and up and down a LOT (which might be obvious to most people but honestly I was just expecting a straight wall that you could walk on), and there were super cool watchtowers that we could go in.  And we got to ride toboggans down from the wall-- little plastic sleds on a winding metal track.  And the scenery was unbelievable.   
 
Looking out the window of one of the watchtowers 

 
 
A lot of buildings in China have rows of little animals on the corners of the roofs.  I thought one of those animals would make a neat souvenir.  Don't worry, I didn't try to steal one.  I tried to buy one.  FYI: they don't sell them. 


 

Practicing my cheerleading moves 

 
 
Knitting break!


 There are some portions of the wall that no one can go on.  They're crumbly and dangerous.  Also, no naked flames, please. 



 
Instructions for the journey down the hill
 
 
I was so, so lucky to have the chance to go to the Great Wall!  

1 comment:

Laura said...

ah! When I saw this post I was like "oh yeah, Amanda went to China and has come back already!!" I can't wait to read/hear all about it. The Great Wall looks amazing. And I love those sled things...did one in Switzerland and it was fab. I hope you did not have an open flame. And you are my favorite cheerleader.