Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Day 3

I'm so thankful that I had the chance to travel to China in October!  My camera broke on the second day of our trip (I've had it for almost 8 years; I was ready for a new camera anyway!), so I've stolen these photos from my friend and traveling companion Amanda's facebook album.  I mainly picked the ones with me in them because, well, I'm kind of self-centered. 
 
Amanda, myself, and Jean (a friend of Amanda's who is now a friend of mine) on a river boat in Suzhou (pronounced Sue-Joe) 


Jean and I trying soup dumplings in Shanghai.  They're big dumplings filled with broth.  You drink the broth from a straw and then eat the dumpling.  Acutally, I heard you're not supposed to eat the dumpling, but that would be a huge waste.  I'm not one for wasting dumplings. 


What's this?  Me eating more dumplings?  What are the chances?  This was at the night market in Beijing.  None of us tried the scorpions on a stick. 


Just before devouring my dumplings from the night market 


I swear we did more in China than eat dumplings!  But check out this photo from a dumpling banquet, where we tried 18 different types of the luscious little treasures. 
 
 

Riding our bikes on a city wall in Xi'an (sounds like shee-en)
 
 
Amazingly, none of us got sick from any of the food (dumplings or otherwise!) in China.  That is definitely something to be thankful for!
 

No comments: