- Saute a bunch of vegetables. Throw in tofu or meat if you like.
- When the vegetables are about halfway cooked, add 1-2 tablespoons of curry powder.
- Let the veggies finish cooking, then add a can of coconut milk. Simmer for a few minutes and serve over rice.
There are lots of reasons to love curry. Here are a few:
1. It's fast. It takes about half an hour.
2. It's a good meal to make together. It's fun to have some time cooking with Karl after work. Since this one involves a lot of chopping, it's perfect.
3. You can put just about anything in it. We sometimes buy too many vegetables or get a huge delivery from our CSA, so if I think there's something at risk of being wasted, I throw it in a curry.
4. It tastes awesome. It's different every time, but I've always loved it.
5. Turmeric (in curry powder) is supposed to be good for preventing alzheimer's disease, which my grandmother had.
6. The leftovers are delicious hot or cold.