Thursday, February 11, 2010

Top Ten Things Making Me Happy Today

1. Finishing big, looming projects ahead of schedule, and the calm contentment that follows

2. Iced tea from Barrique's

3. The anticipation of starting this project tomorrow

4. A bus ticket in my purse that will take me down to Chicago tomorrow for Girls' Weekend 2010

5. Sunshine

6. The fact that three of the kids in my 'tween knitting club learned how to knit on double-pointed needles this week

7. A new girl at work who also rides the bus... now I'm not the only one

8. The book I am savoring, which is the newly published sequel to A Little Princess

9. A little ache in my arms from lap swimming yesterday... that means they're getting more muscley, right?

10. My favorite holiday, which is basically a celebration of red, pink, and hearts (all things I love)

What is making you happy today?

3 comments:

sharon v said...

Amanda, I just read the last 3-4 pages of your blog. they are all so cute! you do love curry! what is your (and Karl's) favorite curry place? did that business with Q bert really happen to you or were you using it as an example of something that happened to you later?
those are my questions today!
sv

Amanda said...

Our favorite Thai place is Sala Thai on Fair Oaks, but that place on Willy St. is a close second! The Q Bert business didn't actually happen- just an example. But if you google "Q Bert costume," you can get instructions on how to make your own. It's not too early to start planning for Halloween 2010!

Kristen E said...

when reading about your arms when swimming, at first i read ACNE instead of ACHE. haha, oops!