Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bargain Blitz

This weekend was the annual Maxwell Street Days on State Street, as well as the semi-annual sidewalk sale at Hilldale. I know you're all wondering what great buys I scored. Well, let me tell you...


Karl and I hit Maxwell Street Days first thing Friday morning. We didn't buy much, but we had a good time browsing. I did pick up these cute dish towels and napkins at Tellus Mater. Karl thought we had plenty of kitchen towels. He didn't know about the ones I recently ruined in my jam-making experiments.



Lia and I went to Hilldale on Sunday afternoon, where the tail end of the sidewalk sales meant great markdowns. I went crazy on the baby clothes. Playthings had almost everything in their sale 90 percent off. Ninety percent! That means that if something is usually $25.00, it was $2.50! One of the sweaters I bought was originally $74.00. I'm not sure who would ever pay that much for a baby item; I could barely justify $7.40. My Baby Presents Tote is now fully stocked... and maybe, if things go well, we'll be able to use some of these things for our own little one in not too long!

No comments: