- A vintage Pyrex dish with lid (which I have already cooked dinner in, thank you very much... for $1.50, I couldn't possibly leave it there)
- A Snoopy Christmas ornament (Ten cents! Ten cents for an ornament featuring my favorite dog ever!)
- A Christmas tree topper (It's about time. For the past three years, we've been making weird ones out of things that really don't belong on the tops of Christmas trees. Plus it was 25 cents.)
- A humongous tub of Tinker Toys with their original antique packaging and instructions
- A delightful homemade laundry bag
Monday, August 29, 2011
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
It has also been great for storing our cloth napkins and such, because the top lifts off. IKEA is so genius. By the way, the set started with six chairs but two of them are beyond repair, with two more heading that direction.
So for a long time, I've been trolling Craigslist for a new table. It had to be small, and we needed chairs. Last week, we snagged this adorable vintage set:
Cute, huh? I love the painted details.
Monday, August 22, 2011
As you probably know, I love projects and themes, so this Dinner at Eight will likely not be the last at the Struckmeyer house! Thanks to Rebekah and Andi for the inspiration!
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Honestly, the squirrels have eaten more of my tomatoes this year than I have.
So this morning, on the advice of several friends, I went outside with this:
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Friday, August 5, 2011
I'm hoping to make pickles this weekend. We'll see what the cucumber and dill situation is at the farmer's market. I haven't made pickles in at least four years, when I lived at my old old apartment and my lovely friend Bridget came over and helped. But I have a vision for a really cute Christmas present: a jar of strawberry jam with a jar of pickles. Red and green! And usable, so the recipients won't have to find a space to store something till the end of time.
Today was Karl's last day of Chemistry class! Fingers crossed for a good grade on his exam. I better make an extra lasagna for him!
Our Summer Reading Program at the library wraps up tomorrow. Huge sigh of relief. We're all ready to move on to fall programming (including my 'tween knitting group!). Summer at the library is fun but very very busy!
Enjoy the weekend!
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
What could be more perfect for Woodland Critter Christmas breakfast? Instructions on how to make your very own hedgehog donuts are here.
Monday, August 1, 2011
Actually, the entire night was lovely. We made a grilled pizza and watched the sunset, and the weather was perfect for sleeping out. We've gotta camp more often!