Thursday, October 6, 2011

Presto Pesto Chicken

Karl and I have been enjoying a recipe from this cookbook for pesto chicken and sweet potatoes. It's pretty amazing: combine three ingredients in the morning, and enjoy an actual meal in the evening. By "actual meal," I mean something other than granola bars and bagels. In the cookbook, the author gives instructions on how to make your own pesto, but here is my quick and easy version of the recipe:



Pesto Chicken and Sweet Potatoes




You'll need:


Chicken breasts (2 or 4, or I suppose any number as long as everything fits in the slow cooker)


Pesto (any kind)


Sweet potatoes (how many do you want to eat? That's how many you should put in. Again, I think any number is fine as long as they fit in the slow cooker).


A piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper about as big as your slow cooker (a little bit bigger. It doesn't have to be exact. Just tear off a piece and as long as it covers the slow cooker, you're all set).




Assemble and cook:


Put the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Spoon a big dollop of pesto onto each piece. Cover the chicken with the aluminum foil (just lay it on there. It doesn't have to be perfect). Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and put them on top of the aluminum foil. Put the cover on your slow cooker and cook on low for 6-7 hours.


Then enjoy your meat-and-potatoes dinner!

2 comments:

Laura said...

you make me laugh - no granola bars for dinner!

Leslie said...

so making this next week.. wish I would have read this, this morning, I would have done it today.