Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Laminated Asparagus

Karl's parents gave us a food laminator (I don't know what they're really called... Food Sealer? Vac 'n Seal?), and I used it last weekend to laminate about eleven of the twelve pounds of asparagus I bought at the farmer's market. The laminator is totally amazing. I thought it was going to be kind of questionable, but I already am in love with it after just using it once. It sucks all the air out of the bags, and it heat-seals them.. perfect for freezing! No ice crystals, no freezer burn, nothing but awesomely preserved asparagus! Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We got one of those food laminators for Christmas awhile back, and I, like you, was very skeptical. It is amazing. I called 50 people the first time I used it because I was so amazed that something of infomercial infamy could be so awesome. On a realted topic, I caved and bought a Sham-Wow yesterday...I'll let you know if it is truly shamtastic, or just a sham.