Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So... how did you two meet?

The short of it:


We met through a library volunteer.


But if you really want to know the whole story...

In the fall of 2005, I (Amanda) began my job as a librarian at a primary school in Monona, Wisconsin. I was lucky to have a wonderful library volunteer, Lexi, who, in time, became a close friend and confidante. One day, Lexi and I were talking about how difficult it can be to meet people (specifically, interesting and eligible men). Lexi mentioned that she had a friend with a son who was about my age, who had recently returned from volunteering in Peru, and suggested that maybe the two of us would enjoy each other. I wrote my name and telephone number on a post-it note and gave it to Lexi, thinking that nothing would ever come of it. Despite my doubts, Karl called a week later!


Our first date was on April 6, 2006, to a party given by my friends Molly and Eddie. Well, okay, it wasn't just a party... it was a Cuban-themed birthday party. Costumes were encouraged, of course, so I dressed up as a Cuban Tree Frog, and Karl wore a tropical shirt and a straw hat (what a good sport!). We enjoyed mojitos and found out that we have a lot in common!


We decided to get together again, this time just the two of us (no costumes). We went to the now-defunct Flatiron Tavern to see singer/songwriter Josh Harty, who is still one of our favorites.


So there you have it... the rest is history! We're getting married, and we're so excited that you will be celebrating with us!

No comments: